Background1

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Savior's Love

The Start of Valentine’s Day... Tradition tells us that Valentine was a Christian doctor who went about doing good deeds wherever he could. Valentine became a good friend and helper to the Christians, who were being persecuted by the Roman Empire. It is believed that the doctor was eventually put in prison because of his loyalty to his fellow Christians. He was beheaded on February 14. Christians began to observe Valentine’s Day in honor of the good Doctor who died because he was a Christian.

Valentine’s Day in our time… is full of hearts, chocolates, flowers, etc. As a single gal I hated this holiday, as a florist I really hated this holiday! As a married gal, it is fun to reflect on the Love I have for the Man God has given me. I know when your single, Valentine’s Day is yet just another reminder that you are single. But I think that Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be a day that you need to duck and hide until it passes. Remember, “This is the day which the LORD hath made we will be glad and rejoice in it.” Psalms 118:24. It doesn’t matter what your status is, you can still reflect on the LOVE you have in your life. So many people love us! But most of all we have a Savior that LOVES US! Just think of it! God loves us! We hear it so often that I really think we forget the awe of it! So this Valentine's Day reflect on this thought: "Almighty God loves me!"

Love saw a guilt of sin, and sought a basis of pardon.


Love saw the defilement of sin, and sought a way of cleansing.


Love saw the condemnation of sin, and sought a method of justification.


Love saw the death of sin, and sought a way of life.


Love sought – Love found! ~ Author Unknown



“I love Thee, my Savior, I love Thee, My Lord; I love Thee, my Savior, I love Thee, my God: I Love Thee, I love Thee, and that Thou dost know; but how much I love Thee my actions will show.”
~ An American Folk Hymn

No comments: