Background1

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Written Word

“While the spoken word can travel faster, you can't take it home in your hand. Only the written word can be absorbed wholly at the convenience of the reader.” And on this note I feel that it is time I once again start writing. Over the past 12 years I have often taken up my pen in hand and made an attempt to write several books. I finished exactly two of those books. The rest have been left in a folder on my computer called "books I am working on" ... sad I know. Yet I think it is time that I attempt to finish some of those books if not all of them. I believe that it would help if I type out each book chapter by chapter on my blog. Granted though I love to write, I am not proficient at editing. There will be many mistakes along the way. But if one never tries, one will never finish the task at hand. I will start with the book I started in 2007 called "The Mediocre Christian Life is it really worth living?" The title I'm unsure about... but the idea is what I want to drive across to all my Christian brothers and sisters. In this day and age, we live such self-centered lives that we miss out on the purpose and plan God has for us. The purpose of this book is to remind us of the simple principles that we seem to have forgotten. I hope that my starting this project will be a blessing to all those who read this little insignificant blog. God Bless and remember take heart, my friend.

No comments: