Background1

Thursday, November 19, 2009

"What Are You Thankful For?"

A few weeks ago, we handed out a flier in Master Club. The flier was an announcement for a special night coming up on November 18th. On the flier, I asked the kids to write something they were thankful for. They then were to bring it back on that night. Last night, we had our special thanksgiving night. Most of the kids brought back their paper and those who didn't filled out one when they arrived. Here are some things that the kids wrote: I am thankful for... "Family, Friends, Shelter" "God" "Jesus Christ" "My Home" "My Mommy" "My Mom and Dad" "The Food that is provided for us" "Friends" "Master Club" "The True God" "For the Soldiers that support our Country" I am very thankful for the Master Club kids. And to The Parents that bring their children to Master Club, so that they can learn more about our Blessed Savior, who gave His life for them. Dear Master Club Parents, You know what I am thankful for... your kids. Each one of them holds a special place in my heart. It takes a lot of work to get these games ready for your kids. And I'll admit sometimes I get a little overwhelmed, but then I see the look on your kids faces when they step up those stairs, and I realize that a little effort goes a long way. So to you parents I say thank you. Thank you for the opportunity to serve your kids. They are truly a delight! Are you thankful for your kids? Have you told them? Praying for your kids, Miss Jen Byerly Ps. There is a bulletin board in the Peter Room with all your kids "Thankfuls" on it. Take time to take a look.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank YOU for all your work planning, setting up, running, and CLEANING UP the games each week! A lot of variety and enthusiasm, which the kids enjoy! "The Lord is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love!"

Dear Abbi said...

Aww, thanks Miss Jen! My kids could not stop talking about the games last night and describing each step of them in detail! They loved it and had a great time! Thanks for all of your hard work EVERY week!

Katina said...

You went all out last night, Jen and the kids LOVED it! Everyone was sooo excited after last night. Great job. Thanks for all the effort you put into it. I thought the baseball game the other week was cool...that was nothing compared to last night!

Rebecca said...

I love our Master's Club program, too!