Background1

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Tomorrow...

I wrote this 20 years ago

Tomorrow, What lies in Tomorrow?
Will we be standing all alone facing the foe?
Our lives weigh in the balances of time,
The very essence of peace or of crime
Will on the morrow be made known!
America, your true colors shall be flown.
This once great nation under God was thought forever;
And Tomorrow we will see what is the great endeavor!
A cry goes out to all those who have some moral value still;
Vote!  Oh, moral American! It is your freedom; it is your will!
America, America God shed his grace on thee;
But now I fear His grace we shall no longer see!
Oh, I have heard prayer changes things;
And I believe everlasting peace God brings.
But what of a nation that will not look and repent;
What of a people that heeds not the warnings sent?
Judgment is sure; O Lord please I ask thee to see
That there are some righteous still near to thee.
I am not able to say that I am totally free and blameless;
I have not prayed as I ought; forgive the unfaithfulness.
Tomorrow, Tomorrow, What of this day?
Lord, so humbly I come to thee, have thy way.
Forgive my fear of the unknown and my worry;
I've forgotten to seek thee in all of my hurry.
The power of prayer can change the polls;
And the hearts of thy people can pray for souls.
I pray for these men that are for president running;
I pray for them even if they are crafty and cunning.
Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I've laid all my anxiety and worry down.
I'm looking up to heaven, no longer will I tarry, looking at the ground.
Hope is what I have; it comes directly from my Savior;
Christ, my Lord gives my life an everlasting Fervor.
Hope, I fear is so lost to many;
They do not have joy so plenty.
Please, Lord give me strength to be a blessing to the Lost; 
So I might pray and with your help lead them to the cross.
Tomorrow, Tomorrow, O my Lord, what is in Tomorrow?
God hold the keys to Tomorrow, so let there not be any sorrow.

Written November 2000

No comments: