Background1

Thursday, April 19, 2018

"Found"

“Found”


My heart is heavy for kids that think, “if I go to a different school, I’ll get away from my problems.”  “I just need to get away.”  “I just need new friends.”  “I just need…..”

I wrote this when I was a teenager after my dad told me that no matter where I go, I could not get away from myself. 

I fled from something,
Of what I do not know.
New problems it would bring;
It followed me everywhere I would go.
So to a mountain, I fled,
And it was there waiting for me.
Oh, the anguish and the dread,
I thought to get away, so you see.
I thought to go far away,
To a quaint old country land.
But as we docked in the bay,
There it was upon the sand.
I’ll go to a place never found,
And there I’ll finally be free.
All alone on an Island safe and sound.
But to my great dismay;
As I stepped upon the ground,
It was there waiting that day.
I wanted to scream for I had been found.
I looked a little closer at it before me,
And found that it was a person.
I stared and thought it cannot be!
I was found out and undone,
For that person was me.
I could not get away,
Because that was me!
So that’s why it found the way.
I could not hide,
I could not run.
For you can’t run from pride,
I was the one undone.

Truth is we all need to face ourselves.  We all need to be still and self-examine.  Romans 12:2, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” 

Even as adults, we can find ourselves trying to “escape” our problems.  Yet we cannot escape without facing ourselves.  Jeremiah 17:9-10, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?  I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.”  The LORD knows us better than we know ourselves.  He is the one we lean on to help us overcome!

Running away from our problems will not make things better.  I’m so glad that as Christians, we don’t have to depend on ourselves.  We don’t have to be strong, for the LORD is our strength.  We don’t have to pull ourselves up.  We are not alone.  The LORD has us in his hand. 


So if things are overwhelming you and you are feeling alone, have you spent time with JESUS lately.  Remember YOU DON’T HAVE TO FACE YOUR PROBLEMS ALONE!  Jesus is always the answer!  

No comments: