Background1

Friday, October 23, 2009

Dreams.... hopes... wishes and waiting?

Waiting... waiting is a huge part of the Christian Life. We have to wait on God for a lot of things... Such as, answers to prayer, God's timing, the right mate...etc. God wants us to wait, but while we are waiting, we should be loving others with God's love. In this time of waiting, we should not be pinning away or having self piety parties. This is a time when God wants to use us and direct us. While listening the radio today, I heard Phil Vischer tell his testimony on what happened after he lost "Big Idea"... He said his dream was gone. Everything that defined him as who he was had been taking away from him. He wrote about his experience after losing VeggiTales in his book "Me, Myself, and Bob"... One of things he says: "Sometimes God asks you to give up your dreams. He tests you to see if you love your dream more then God." Phil said that when "Big Idea" was gone, he realized that the only thing that matter was His relationship with God. His dream defined him, but God took his dream away to show him that his relationship with God was suppose to be the only thing that defined him. I read 2 Thessalonians 5:5 this morning and the words leaped off the page at me. "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ." And the LORD Direct YOU(r). Where is the Lord directing me? Where is He leading me? Am I listening? Or am I trying to do things my own way? Look at the rest of that phrase. And The LORD direct your hearts. God's needs to have our hearts. He needs to be our first love. Sometime we get ideas in our heads that the LORD may give us but He might require us to give those ideas back to Him. Christ needs to be our everything. God wants to direct your hearts into the Love of God. He wants you to rest and wait patiently on Christ. Let God take over in your heart. Yield your dreams my friend!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Hey, the next movie on our Netflix queue is If a Man Answers...wanna do movie night soon?
Maybe next Saturday...let me know :o)

Take Heart My Friend said...

Sounds Good Just let me know When

Unknown said...

i must say i understand this post more than you know; someday we have get together and talk. Love ya!